Guidance on Fire Drill
When the fire bell rings, please observe the following procedure:
- Leave the work area using the nearest exit.
- Encourage the children to move quietly and without panic.
- Assemble the children in class lines at the back of the playground under the Fire Assembly Point notices.
- Check that all the children and any helpers in your class are out of the building using the register handed to you by our Admin Support.
- Wait quietly until you are asked to return to the building.
On a regular basis, please talk about the following fire drill procedures with your class:
- Stress that we leave by the nearest, safe exit and we shouldn’t return to the classroom or cloakroom to collect belongings.
- Discuss what children are to do if they hear the fire alarm when they are in different areas, e.g. the hall or toilets.
- Familiarise yourself with the location of fire doors, fire call points and fire extinguishers.