What we expect to see in all classrooms:
- High quality teaching and well resourced lessons.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are engaged in their learning.
- High expectations from staff in terms of behaviour and quality of work
- Positive relationships with all pupils in a class.
- Staff and pupils treating everyone and everything with respect.
- Neat, tidy and well organised classrooms.
- As a Church School, every classroom needs to have a Reflection Area. Bibles should be available in this area and school prayers should also be displayed.
- Behaviour traffic light system with each child’s name
- Books and resources stored neatly and tidily. Please do not put lesson resources/books on the floor by teacher’s desks or under the smart boards.
- Display boards relevant to the children’s learning to either support or celebrate learning.
- ICT resources stored in appropriate cupboards and trolleys and charged.
- Worry box/bubble board for children to access.
Expectations in books
- All work to be dated and have a clear learning objective
- Date and title to be underlined with a ruler
- High expectations of pupils in terms of presentation of work and handwriting in all subjects including when responding to teacher comments.
- All comments responded to appropriately with blue pen.
- Follow the school's current marking policy.