The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
For the financial year 2017-18 we received £14,956.
We plan to spend or have spent the PE & Sports premium as follows:
- Synergy Sports Partnership - training staff in efective PE and Sports teaching.
- Additional sports leader during lunchtime sessions focussed on the sports terrace.
- Replace old school benches, gym equipment, mats, purchase racket equipment to introduce badminton.
- Extended recreation space (replacing stones for astroturf) for dance and movement outside.
- Reserve recreational spaces at Lincoln University for additional sports sessions after school each Friday.
- Transport to competitive sports sessions.
The effect of the premium on pupils' PE and Sport participation and attainment:
- School has targeted the premium at providing excellent PE teaching through a sports partnership that focuses on effective PE teaching CPD.
-Pupils have also actively worked towards the School Games Award and in 2017 we were awarded the 'Gold' standard- this underlines our commitment to sport participation and our active role in sports participation.
How will you make sure these improvements are sustainable?
Much like the legacy work completed by the Olympic games, sustainability is always a challenge if funding changes. As the funding is present and available we aim to have high level CPD in place to support high level teaching. We are also investing in new kit that promises to enhance provision and variety of sports on offer to our pupils for now and in the future.