As a school, we actively encourage all members of staff to take part in their own continual professional development.
School will highlight relevant courses to members of staff and may ask you to attend certain courses linked to the school development plan or your own professional development needs.
Staff are encouraged to take responsibility for their own professional development. If you find a course you are interested in attending, you need to speak to the headteacher to gain authorisation to attend.
Once agreed, ask the school office to book you onto the course.
What to do when you have been accepted onto a course:
- Let the School Office know.
- Put the date in the school Diary and check cover is available.
- Leave timetable, clear planning and resources for the cover teacher for the time of absence.
- If the cover teacher is a member of staff, arrange to meet with them to go through the lessons for the day.
- Check rotas and make sure that you have covered any duty areas, which you have during the time of the course.
- Give feedback to staff in the next staff meeting.